By: Branson Fishing Guide Service | Focused Fishing Guide Service
Focused Fishing Guide Service Featured on Byron Velvick’s Guide’s Eyes on the Outdoor Channel.
Taneycomo trout continue to bite despite the colder weather, from below the trophy area through the landing, Branson fishing guides have been catching trout. Here are the top patterns for Branson fishing guides this week:
- Gulp and Power Bait Eggs cast upstream allowing the current to drift the boat downstream over flats and drop offs with mixed colors of eggs was a dominate pattern
- Zig Jig marabou jigs have been very effective around current breaks. Cast the jig beyond cover or into eddies and work it back with an erratic stop and go retrieve
- Micro Marabou jigs have been a top producer below a float. If there is current allow the float to carry the jig downstream along deeper bluff banks, if not cast to bluffs and work the bait back with short twitches
- Egg flies and “glo bugs” cast upstream on a drift rig have been working well on a drift rig with a two pound leader.
- Pink Trout Magnets continue to produce below a float, 6’ – 8’ of line below the float with anything pink will put trout in the boat even when there is no generation
- Buoyant spoons really produced well this past week, gold and orange spoons worked with a quick stop and go retrieve has been very productive around docks and other cover
- Live night crawlers on a drift rig have been producing well, areas on the lake where shoals extend out toward the middle of the lake causing a current break have been some of the best fishing with crawlers. Cast up stream and drift with current to waiting Taneycomo trout.
The trout fishing on Lake Taneycomo continues to be excellent, ever changing conditions make it more important than ever to have a guide with the right knowledge to put you on the trout. Call Focused Fishing Guide Service at 417-860-4743 today and book your trip of a lifetime.